“…..Imagine being at the wheel of a tall ship, under a night sky, the ship surging over the waves and wind in the sails. Join the crew in the workings of STV One and All, keeping watches at sea, handling sails and much more. No sailing experience is necessary, as we will teach you the “ropes”.
Start the year with an adventure of a life time! Here is the chance to climb new heights, push your limits and gain the rewards in the challenges mastered. A voyage to create new friendships and best of all – fun, fun, fun!”
Calling all 15- 23 years, this adventure is a 5 day voyage sailing Port Adelaide – Port Lincoln, 21-25 January 2018
To keep the vessel manned 24 hours a day you will be divided into watches (teams). Your Watch Leader and other members of the crew will get you involved with all of the activities on deck:
- Helming (steering) the vessel
- Setting the sails and adjusting them by hauling on ropes
- Standing watch (looking out for other ships)
- Climb the masts and bow nets
- Team activities, navigation and sail instructions
Voyage event will include
- All meals and accommodation on board
- STV One and All Voyage handbook
- Sail handling, navigation & ship husbandry training
- Team activities & challenges
- Use of heavy wet weather clothing protection and safety harnesses
- Event shirt & Achievement Award certificate
- Award presentation on deck of ship at end of voyage
- 5 Day Voyage Port Adelaide – Port Lincoln (age group 15-23 years)
STV One & All is a true hands-on vessel and a unique experience that will be remembered for life. Change your life forever by exploring the world from the deck of a tall ship and discover what you can achieve. BOOK TODAY!!
Join STV One & All at the “Seafood Capital of Australia”, Port Lincoln and the Tunarama Festival. As we say our fond farewells to this great community of Port Lincoln, another adventure is to be created on deck. We set sail to the remote Sir Joseph Banks Group, which is an archipelago of 21 small islands with a collective land area of 1,275 hectares (3,150 acres) located in Spencer Gulf about 20 km off the eastern coast of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia
Animal watchers – both onshore and in the water – will enjoy the diverse species that flock to these islands, from one of the world’s largest breeding colonies of Australian sea lions at Dangerous Reef to the unique velvet octopus, found in only a few places in South Australia.
There are numerous opportunities to participate in different aspects of the sailing life. To keep the vessel manned 24 hours a day you will be divided into watches (teams). Your Watch Leader and other members of the crew can show “the ropes” to get involved with some or all of the following:
• Helming (steering) the vessel
• Setting the sails and adjusting them by hauling on ropes
• Standing watch (looking out for other ships)
• You may climb the masts and bow nets
STV One & All is a true hands-on vessel we invite all passengers to join in the experience of this remarkable ship. While we have plenty of crew to operate the ship, there is no expectation or pressure to do any of the above activities. Alternately, if activities are not your desire, sit back and relax as the water flows past and the birds soar high above the masts.
Set sail and have the opportunity to explore South Australia’s coastline.
Change your life forever by exploring the world from the deck of a tall ship and discover what you can achieve.
Looking for somewhere to stay before joining the voyage, head to Port Lincoln YHA